GOG Triathlon will be hosting Llanrwst Sprint Tri on 20th August, 2017. We are a growing club based in Llandudno with over 100 members. You can follow us on Facebook at “GOG Triathlon” and @GOGTriathlon on Twitter.
Our aim is to provide a good value event of the high quality that focuses on the needs of the athletes at all levels whilst being sustainable and providing financial support to the local community and the club. The club and race is one for beginners, experienced triathletes and everyone in between.
The race includes a 400m pool swim, a fast scenic 24km bike leg through the Conwy Valley and a 5km run into the Gwydir Forest (with a couple of hilly sections!) It is beginner friendly, chip timed and we have prizes for the top 3 overall and first place in each of the the age groups.This event has a split transition with T1 at the pool and T2 at the Bowling/Cricket Club carpark on the B5106.
We aim to improve year on year and have focussed on transition areas, signage, prizes and visitor experience (including spectators) this year.
The race is based in the market town of Llanrwst in the Conwy Valley. If you can, make a weekend of it with Betws-y-Coed 4km to the south and Conwy and Llandudno 15-20km to the north and plenty of accommodation and activity options nearby.
• You are eligible for a full refund (minus a £5.00 admin fee and the online booking fee) within the 14 days cooling off period from the day of booking. The cooling off period does not apply where a booking is made within 14 days of the event date.
Any withdrawals after the 14 days cooling off period will not be eligible for a refund. Due to the nature of sporting events we are unable to make exceptions for injuries, pregnancy etc.
• You are able to transfer your entry to another person up to 30 days before the event. The personal details on the online entry must be updated using the login details provided in the original entry confirmation email.
After the 30 day cut off you are no longer able to transfer your entry to another competitor.
Due to reasons of competitor safety you are strictly not allowed to race under someone else’s name. Anyone caught doing so will be immediately disqualified. If you wish to transfer your place to someone else you must do so before 30 days of the event taking place.
There are no exceptions to the above policy. If you have any further queries please email: Stugoldsack21@googlemail.com
Transfers to another competitor
· You may transfer or sell your place to another person wishing to take part in the event. This must be done at least two weeks prior to the event. You are responsible for updating the personal information which can be accessed via the details provided in the confirmation email you received upon entering the event. You do not need to inform us of these changes, however the personal details on the entry must be updated.
Route Amendment and Cancellation Policy
Gog will host the best and safest events possible. In the event of circumstances beyond our control, which results in potentially unsafe conditions Gog will either:
1. Amend the course to make the event safe. For our triathlons this may include switching to a duathlon or aquathon and for all our events may include modifying the start time, route(s) and/or cut off times: or
2. Where conditions cannot be made safe, cancel the event.
Where the event is modified under condition 1 above, no refund will be offered. In the event of a cancellation under condition 2 above, competitors will be offered the option to transfer to the next year’s event under the same terms of their existing registration.
Where possible, we shall give at least 24 hours’ notice to any potential amendment or cancellation.
No refunds will be offered if cancellation is due to an unforeseeable natural disaster or ‘act of God’.