Gog Triathlon members also take part in the North Wales Cross Country Series as well as many running events.
To ensure you are eligible to race under Gog Triathlon and receive many benefits ( such as discounts in races) we recommend that you join Welsh Athletics. This is also a MUST if you wish to take part in the cross country series or be counted in Welsh Championship events.
Here is some information regarding the benefits of joins WA
- Access to national and regional events, seminars, conferences and technical workshops which support coaches, officials, athletes and volunteers across the sport.
- Eligibility for offers from British Athletics events.
- You will also receive (optional) regular newsletters and updates from Welsh Athletics keeping you up to date with the latest news stories and developments across the sport.
- Insurance cover to protect you whilst you take part in the sport.
- Every registered member will be issued with a unique registration number and access to an individual profile on the UK registration system.
- An individual athlete profile linked to the Power of 10 / Run Britain.
- All registered members receive reduced entry to the Cardiff University Cardiff Half Marathon. In addition, affiliated club registered members also receive a £2 discount on race entry fees across a number of licenced road race events.
- You will be eligible for discounted coaching courses fees when accessing the formal coach education pathway. (Coaching Assistant, Athletics Coach and Coach in Running Fitness qualification).
- Welsh Athletics also provides a year-round competition programme across all disciplines, all age groups, all ability levels and all regions. Club members are eligible to compete at championship events (regional and national) as well as international opportunities (as appropriate).
- Discounted rate for Warm Weather Training camps through Expose Travel
- Discounted offer with Claridon Sports on travel tour packages to major European and World Athletics Championships (www.claridonsportstours.com).
- All registered members also receive a 10% discount at Run and Become and 10% discount at Moti Running Store
Besides the obvious advantages of registering with Welsh Athletics, such as the possibility to take part in the wide range of competitions and activities organised by the national governing body and the chance to be selected to represent Wales, there are extra benefits to make sure you get the best out of your Welsh Athletics experience:
Benefits of Registration
Welsh Athletics Affiliation registration is valid from April 1st for one year.
All athletes need to be member of an affiliated club and need to be registered with Welsh Athletics in order to compete in Welsh Championships, be called up to represent Wales in International matches and major competitions and enjoy a range of benefits, an athlete need to fulfil some very basic requirements regarding registration.